Best Bikini Trimmer and Razor For Bikini Area in 2017
There are so many different types, brands and styles of trimmers to choose from. So, when you are looking for a trimmer for your bikini area you can become confused easily as to which one to get.
Table Of Contents
- Best Bikini Trimmer Reviews
- How to Choose the Best Bikini Trimmer
- Best Razor For Bikini Area Reviews
- Consideration: The Best Razor For Bikini Area
- How to Trim Your Bikini Area?
- How to Shave Your Bikini Area?
- Which One Is Best - Bikini Trimmer or Bikini Shaver ?
- How to Trim Bikini Line with a Trimmer
- How to Get a Smooth Shave in Bikini Area
- Final Notes
You do know you want nothing but the best since it is for your bikini area. Well to hopefully take some of that confusion away from you. We have taken the time to find you the best bikini trimmer on the market. We compiled a list of the top 6 so it will be up to you to pick which one is best for you.
We are all different from each other so we have different needs and wants. So, each one has different things to offer. Each one though have a couple of things in common. They are quality products that will give you that great final result that you are looking for.
Best Bikini Trimmer Reviews
Now on to my favorite part, the 6 best bikini trimmer reviews 2017! How I chose this list of trimmers was based on customer reviews, features and durability. I picked only the best of the best, so you are sure to find the best one for you.
This is a great compact trimmer/shaper for that person that is always on the go. It is also great for that person that just wants something simple. It has a straight design, surface is sleek and smooth. It is a dry shaver so I wouldn’t recommend in the shower. Since it offers 5 different cutting settings you are sure to find the one for you.
- AA-Battery powered.
- Compact design.
- Adjustable 5 position slide on guard, so you can select your perfect length.
- Guard is removeable for an even closer shave.
- Rounded tip heads for a comfortable trim.
- Angled trimmer head for a better trim, since you have to hold at an angle.
- Cordless, making it great for when electric isn’t available.
- Narrow enough to also use as a shaper.
- Stainless steel, hypo-allergenic blade.
- So, great for rust resistance and people with sensitive skin.
- Dry Shaver, not recommended for in the shower or water use.
- Single side button operation, slides up and down.
- Up to 45 mins of operation on fresh batteries.
- Great for both men and women.
The reason I selected this trimmer is because of its smaller size. It also runs on batteries as well making it a great candidate for when you are on the run. Even though it is very basic, its features get the job done and done nicely. You will be able to get to those narrow areas easily.
This is a great item for those who want a 2 in 1 bikini area tool. You can trim and shave with this one, without having to change up tools. This one you can take in the shower as well, making clean up a breeze. This one is made for hugging curves as well! The reason I added this to my list was because of its versatility. I love the fact that I can switch from the trimmer to a razor for bikini area with a simple flip of the handle.
- 5 Blade head on one end.
- Battery operated trimmer on the other end.
- Easy to handle razor design.
- Moisturizes up to 2 hours after shaving.
- 1 Push button operation.
- Great narrow design for those close quarter areas.
- Razor end follows your curves for that clean perfect shave.
- Trimmer is waterproof.
- Features water activated conditioning serum.
- Flip from trimmer to razor with a turn of the handle.
- 4 Different settings for trimmer head.
- Portable design, making it great for traveling.
- Textured handle making it easier to hang on to.
Taking this in the shower is also a bonus, since it makes cleaning up a breeze. It is battery operated, but the battery compartment is sealed. The trimmer offers different lengths for you to choose from. So, there is a length setting for everyone! With this you can take care of all of your shaving including your bikini area at once with one product. The moisturizing effects will help stave off any unwanted skin irritation caused by shaving.
This shaver carries the classic electric cordless design. This design works and that is why it is still around. It offers 3 blades and two different cutting choices. The pop up trimmer is great trimming when you need to. It won’t pop up on its own either which is great, both the trimmer and the shaver are operated by a single push and slide button each. Reasons I added this one to the list is because of how well the results were.
- 3 Floating blades, that adjust to skin heights.
- Pop up trimmer, open and closed by way of its own button.
- Cordless, no fighting with a cord.
- Wet or dry use, for in or out of the shower.
- Good housekeeping seal of approval.
- Hypo-allergenic blades.
- 2 year parts and labor warranty.
- Slightly curved handle for a better cutting angle.
- Rechargeable, no need to buy batteries.
- Stainless steel blades and foils.
- Easy cleaning, simply run under water.
- Fully immersible.
- Space saving charger.
- Quieter than others on the market.
- Does not need batteries.
It is just a great cordless shaver/trimmer combo that works the way it should. It is also well known for holding up over time. The blades have give which is great because they flow over your skin a lot easier as well. This one also holds a charge for quite a while as well. My favorite feature is it is fully immersible, so I can use it in or out of the shower without worry.
No matter what your body hair cutting or trimming needs are, this multi-groomer can take care of it for you. It comes with 5 attachments to get the job done! While you are mainly reading this review to use this as a bikini line trimmer, it is a whole lot more. This will also last up to 35 minutes of use on a 10-hour charge. I added this one to the list, because this one is a great option for everyone in the household. Since it offers so much versatility via the 5 attachments.
- Up to 35 minutes of use before needing to charge.
- Self-sharpening blades, so no worrying about going dull.
- Wet and dry use, so you can use in or out of the shower.
- Cordless and rechargeable, making it great for traveling.
- 5 Different attachments to choose from.
- One button function.
- Blades are made of finally ground chromium steel for long use.
- Comes with full size trimmer, nose trimmer, detail trimmer and a beard and moustache comb.
- Comb offers 18 length settings from 1mm to 19mm
- Fully washable, simply rinse under running water.
- Comes with 45-day risk-free trial and a 2-year warranty.
You have everything you need for your bikini area as well as it having the tools for other body areas as well. It is also a wet and dry, so you can take it into the shower without worry. With up to 35 minutes of use time you have plenty of time to get your hair removal issues taken care of.
If you are looking for a trimming tool that is just for you, this one is perfect. It is compact and discreet, while still offering a length that helps you get the job done. Designed to easy be held in one hand, giving you use of your other hand. It also has an open end, making it easier to store when done. You could also add a tether for extra safety if you like. It comes with the attachments needed to handle any body hair you want to take care of including that sensitive bikini area.
- Guide with 4 length settings to choose from.
- Anti-Slip Grip for your safety.
- Wet or dry use, for in or out of the shower.
- Up to 30 minutes of use on a full charge.
- Hypo-Allergenic shaving heads, making it great for those with sensitive skin.
- Charging light indicator, so you always know where your power is at.
- Angled foil shaver for a close and comfortable shave.
- Exfoliator for preventing in-grown hairs and irritation.
- Small detail trimmer attachment for the smallest of areas.
This trimmer had to make the list, it is made by a trusted company that is known for its products. It is another product that you need if you want to cut down on your grooming time. Since it has multi-head attachments for the different things you may need. The no slip handle is great especially when having to use in the wet shower. It has a sliding power button for ease of use and when you are done you can simply hang up.
How to Choose the Best Bikini Trimmer
When looking for the perfect trimmer there are some things to consider or look for. These things will also rest assure you are getting a quality trimmer that will function well. So, let’s get started on those things.
- One of the first things you want to consider is do you plan on using it outside of the shower only? Or would you like the versatility of using it in the shower or out of the shower? In most cases one that can do either is a great choice especially since it makes cleaning up easier in the shower. Things are slippery in the shower so safety steps need to be taken.
- Adjustable cutting length: this is pretty standard for most trimmers. Some have clip on cutting guards and some have one that is built in that just slides up and down. Either way make sure it has one because that way you can adjust for your personal needs or wants.
- Ease of cleaning: make sure the trimmer you buy is easy for you to clean. You don’t want to spend an hour cleaning after a use.
- Cordless: obviously if you are going with one you can take in the shower it will have to be cordless. What you will have to decide though is if you want a rechargeable or one that takes regular batteries. I would recommend rechargeable, since those tend to be built in so they tend to be better protected from any water. If you get one that has regular batteries, just make sure it is waterproof for use in the shower if you want to use it in there.
- Width: when choosing a trimmer since it will mainly be used for the bikini area a narrower head will be the better option. You will also be able to maneuver those curves a little better as well.
- Easy to handle: if you are going to use in the shower you want one with a handle that you can securely handle comfortably. Otherwise you could drop it causing accidental injury to yourself or damage to the razor. A longer handle may be a better option as well if available, for those harder to reach areas.
- Portability: if you like to or have to travel frequently you will want it to be easy to travel with. So, make sure you find one that is perfect in size for that purpose and even better if it comes with its own carry bag.
- Blade durability: you also want to make sure that the trimmer you choose utilizes a quality metal. One that will resist rust, if you are getting a wet/dry trimmer. You also want one that will hold up for a respectable amount of time.
- Warranty: check and see what warranty is offered. Usually the better the warranty the better the quality. That shows the company stands behind the quality of their product that they want you to buy.
Those are the main factors when choosing a trimmer, of course you may have some of your own criteria to add and that is perfectly fine. Just make sure you take the time to read about the features an item has to offer before you purchase.
Best Razor For Bikini Area Reviews
The bikini area is the most sensitive part of the body when it comes to grooming. I remember in my youth days the razors I was using were giving me so much trouble that I was on the verge of giving up with the whole grooming ordeal.
Well, it is perfectly normal to decide to keep everything to Gods design.The wrong razor can give you a lot of trouble, and it can be worse when it gets to health complications because no one is ever making any effort to give you advice on the best razor for bikini area.
I am your guy today and am bringing to you the best razors for the bikini region.Those chills when working your way to the perfect bikini line will no longer haunt you. Personally I like Panasonic ES2216PC.
With some razors, you have to be extra cautious else it might hurt or even get bloody. By taking my advice, you will be saving yourself a lot of trouble so it will be for the best that you adapt using one of these razors.
1. Panasonic ES2216PC Close Curves Women's Electric Shaver
Get the best bikini line with the Panasonic ES2216PC Close Curves Women's Electric Shaver. Panasonic is among the leaders in electronics design.
So it is almost a guarantee that this razor from their production line is a quality razor.
Panasonic ES2216PC Close Curves Women's Electric Shaver has four heads that float independently of each other. The four blades see to it that the razor perfectly traces the contours of your skin so that the razor does not cut into your skin.
You can use the Panasonic ES2216PC Close Curves Women's Electric Shaver to shave different parts of the body. Snap on bikini trimmer takes care of the bikini region. This razor also has a trimmer to remove long hairs that grow in places they are not wanted.
This razor from Panasonic is hypoallergenic. Super sharp blades see to it that the hairs do not tug to the razor. In effect, you get a shave that has nil irritation. It gives you the comfort that you require for a clean cut.
If you are looking for a razor that you can use both when dry and wet. The Panasonic ES2216PC Close Curves Shaver is your perfect razor as it is waterproof so you can get shaving even when in the tub where it requires full immersion.
2. Braun Silk-épil FG1100 - Bikini Hair Removal Electric Shaver
For those of us who like styling things down there Braun Silk-épil FG1100 - Bikini Hair Removal Electric Shaver comes with ten templates. They have various shapes that make it easy for you to get any style that you want.
The Braun Silk-épil FG1100 - Bikini Hair Removal Electric Shaver has a two years warranty. It might be limited, but it comes so much in handy that is if any hitch arises. It is very unlikely that you get to sue the warranty.
T –Shaped Head
The T- shaped head moves smoothly over all the curves on those delicate regions to give you the perfect shave. No nicks no cuts with the Braun Silk-épil FG1100 - Bikini Hair Removal Electric Shaver else it would not be featuring in this review.
The razor has two combs that see to it that if you do not want a clean shave, you get the hair size that you desire. These combs help you in achieving a uniform hair size.
3. Philips HP6378 Bikini Perfect Deluxe Trimmer
Philips HP6378 Bikini Perfect Deluxe Trimmer has a range of capabilities that will make you love it when you start using it.
I have been using it for a while now, and I have no complaints to make whatsoever.
The precision trimmer on the Philips HP6378 Bikini Perfect Deluxe Trimmer sees to it that you can fine tune the shaving exercise to your exact desire.
It is very comfortable and works with the help of a precision comb for uniformly cut hair. An epilator attachment gives you the cleanest of shaves by removing hairs from the roots.
Philips HP6378 Bikini Perfect Deluxe Trimmer has a whole lot of attachments. There are the eyebrow comb and a micro trimmer for the eyebrows. Also, there is a carrying bag, exfoliating gloves and some illuminating tweezers.
A rechargeable battery makes this razor cordless, so you do not need to be plugged in at all times to enjoy a nice shave. The battery last for an hour which is time enough to take care of business.
The Philips HP6378 Bikini Perfect Deluxe Trimmer is suitable for use in both dry and wet conditions. In dry conditions, the technology behind the blades ensures that you do not get skin irritation.
4. Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle Moisturizing Razor
Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle Moisturizing Razor for Women with Bikini Trimmer is also a razor that has an incredible rating and with a lot of positive feedback.
Users say that the product is overall very good at what it does.
Dermatologists have their word on the Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle Moisturizing Razor for Women with best Bikini Trimmer. It is safe to use on your skin with no allergic reactions. No hurting as there is absolutely no tugging to the hairs or cutting into the skin.
The double sides of this razor have a skin moisturizer. You will use one side for precise but not thorough shaving and the other side for finer shaving. You can achieve different shaving heights too with the use of the shaving combs.
Easy To Use
To get your bikini area clean all you need to do is power on, and you are good to shave. It needs minimal caution to operate as the design is meant to be efficient and safe.
Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle Moisturizing Razor for Women with Bikini Trimmer has a one year warranty. The manufacturer is confident enough with the product to give you a whole one year warranty, so you are sure it is durable.
5. Cleancut PS335 T-Shape Personal Shaver
As the name goes, the Cleancut PS335 T-Shape Personal Shaver gives you a clean cut.
To be quite frank not many razors that are available in the market can give you the perfect shape. A lot of my close friends use this razor.
Easy To Maneuver Head
Cleancut PS335 T-Shape Personal Shaver has a narrow head that facilitates for easy maneuverability. Also, it is one of the lightest of the bikini area razors.
This razor does not have any attachments. It is simple with straight to the point function ability. Its simplicity seems like a limitation, but the razor works perfectly well. The fact that it does not have many limitations makes the razor affordable.
The razor has a one year guarantee of quality and durability. In case a problem arises you use the warranty to get a replacement with no further costs.
Ultra-Fine Comb Style
An ultra -fine comb style sees to it that you get the perfect style for your bikini area. Ultra -fine comb style is the only feature that the Cleancut PS335 T-Shape Personal Shaver utilizes and to get different shave intensity you just vary your hand's pressure.
Consideration: The Best Razor For Bikini Area
These are the factors that draw the line between a hurting shave and a blissful nice shave, a shave that leaves you feeling fine and fresh rather than sour and with a sad face.
It will cost you some extra dollars to get a razor for the bikini area and another for the rest of the body. A razor that takes care of both of the tasks will be very appropriate.
It is a good practice to shave in the bathroom. The cleaning up will be easier and also shaving wet hairs is also easier. The razor should be water proof especially if it is the electric type to avoid potential damage or hazardous situations.
A good razor should be safe to use on your most delicate areas. Some razors will irritate your skin and leave you feeling miserable. Ensure that the razor you are purchasing is hypo-allergenic meant to say it will have no allergic reactions with the skin.
Price is a major determinant in the products that we buy. Most of the time, we buy the cheapest of them forgetting to check on the value they will give for our money. Settling into the mid-price range will get you a quality razor that is durable and performs incredibly.
How to Trim Your Bikini Area?
One thing's for certain, we all want our pubic area to look sexy for our mate (or potential mate!). But that doesn't always mean you have to be completely clean shaven. Keeping it nicely trimmed can also be sexy.
Here's my step by step directions on how I keep my bikini area trimmed. You'll also notice that I add my advice to avoid making a mess too.
- Trimming your pubic hair always starts with the same thing: baby powder. Baby powder ensures that the entire area is dry (because any sort of wetness will cause your hair to be pulled. Yikes!). To keep from creating a huge baby powder mess on the floor, I stand over a garbage can to apply it. I've found that sprinkling it on my hand and then patting my hand over the entire area is the best way to get complete coverage.
- Back to avoiding making a mess. When you're trimming, you'll have a bunch of hair falling down, so it's best to either make it fall somewhere that you won't have to mess with it, or to lay something down that will catch it all. You can either stand over a garbage can, sit on the toilet or lay down a towel. Sitting or standing is a personal choice, whatever you're most comfortable with.
- Choose your length. My advice is to try to keep it under a quarter inch. The most important trimming advice I can give you is this: Make sure to use the right attachment! Seriously! There's times I've wanted a slightly longer trim but I used the wrong attachment and ended up going closer than I wanted.
- Now, starting at the top, trim down, then left, then right. Do the whole front area before you start between your legs. Pay special attention to the edges. I always seem to leave 2 or 3 stray hairs there 🙁
- Between the legs is much harder. You'll have to use your fingers to navigate. Prop up your right leg while you're trimming that side and then do the same for the left. Make sure to spread your lips to get ALL the hair. When you think you're done, grab a mirror and take a good look. Trim any stray hairs you see.
- Even though you're all nicely trimmed now, I would recommend using a razor along your bikini line. Even trimmed hair doesn't look sexy sticking out of lacy panties or skimpy swim bottoms.
How to Shave Your Bikini Area?
I've never liked "hair down there", but I've always had trouble shaving. I could never get close enough for a smooth shave and I suffered from unbelievable razor burn for a week afterwards. Forget wearing a bikini! The red bumps were more embarrassing than the hair!
I used to go to the beach and see all these women with perfectly smooth bikini lines, and not a razor bump in sight! I thought by asking some of them how they shaved, I would finally learn the secret, but all I got was 20 different ways to shave. Some used baby oil. Some used conditioner. Some used a fresh disposable razors while others used the same one over and over again.
Then I finally got some great advice on how to shave my bikini area. A stripper (can you think of a better expert?) explained to me step by step the exact way that she shaves. I've found that when I follow her directions, I get a close shave and end up with very few razor bumps (if any at all). Here's what she recommends.
- If it's been a while (or if it's your first time), trim your hair first. It should be no longer than a quarter inch. Long hair will clog your razor and make it that much harder to shave. Plus if you want to leave a sexy design, trim hair makes that easier.
- As soon as you get in the shower, wash first (because soap on freshly shaved skin hurts). Then exfoliate using a Loofah or even some apricot scrub.
- Never use soap to shave. Either use shaving cream or even better, hair conditioner. Spread it thickly on the area you're shaving (you shouldn't be able to see the skin underneath).
- Using a sharp razor (it doesn't have to be new, but it needs to be sharp), shave downwards, then upwards, then sideways because that hair grows in different directions. Make sure to rinse your razor often (I go about 1-2 inches, then rinse). In places you can't see, go slowly and use your fingers to feel for any hair you might have missed.
- After your shower, pat dry and moisturize the area with lotion (I recommend Olay bikini lotion because it's formulated to prevent razor burn in that delicate area). If you're prone to razor burn, coat your freshly shaved area with deodorant (use solid, not gel). When using deodorant, apply it in downward strokes, moving along the direction of your hair growth. If you start to itch later on, use deodorant for immediate relief.
With my vast experience with razors for bikini area, I know that not any razor will get the job done. Or I can put it this way, how you feel after the shave does not depend much on how you shave or expertize but on the razor you use.
Any of the above-listed razors see to it that you will never get to know that shaving the bikini area can be such trouble.These razors have a worldwide approval from users that is why they have awesome ratings on all the outlets.
On average they have a rating of 4.5. They are everything that you need. Durable, reliable you name all those good qualities. Get yourself one, and you will thank the gods for me for this review.
Which One Is Best - Bikini Trimmer or Bikini Shaver ?
When some hear these two words sometimes they think they are one of the same. Others that are aware of the difference are confused about which one they should purchase. A bikini trimmer and bikini shaver are used for two different things. A trimmer is used to shorten the length of the hair in the bikini area, but not to skin level. A bikini shaver is used when someone wants that smooth down to the skin shave. Which is great for the bikini area to give that clean looking edge to any trimming job.
Some people will purchase one of each, but if you do want both you can find items with both. The combination comes in handy when you are doing a trim where you want some hair, but not everywhere. They are great for those who like to get a little creative that want to do designs as well. No matter which one you get they both tend to have smaller heads. Shavers typically don’t have any attachments, whereas trimmers will have either an adjustable guard or different attachments to choose from.
Shavers tend to have a little more when it comes to head flexibility than the trimmers typically do. Trimmers will also lengthen the life on your razor by reducing the work needed on longer hair. With most trimmers, you have different length settings to choose from. With a shaver, you will have no setting, you simply just have a skin level shave setting. So again, choosing either or a combination of the two lies on what your grooming needs are. Also on a last note, you can find both in either dry or a wet and dry combination. So, they are no different when it comes to that aspect. Both are also available in compact designs as well making them great for traveling or storing.
How to Trim Bikini Line with a Trimmer
If you are new to trimming your bikini area, that is ok. With the best bikini trimmer and these basic trimming steps, you will be a pro trimmer in no time.
- You always want to start with a clean area. So, make sure that things are clean and thoroughly dry. You always want to trim dry for the best results. You can even dry with a blow dryer to assure that the area is completely dry.
- Make sure that you have a good trimmer to get the job done with ease. Preferably select one that you can use for only your pubic area.
- Pick an area that is comfortable for you to trim in that makes cleaning up easy as well. A bathroom tends to be a great place.
- Pick a position that is comfortable and safe to sit or stand in. Most people prefer to stand with legs spread or one leg in the air at a time depending on the side you are working on.
- If you stand in the shower or the toilet clean-up is mainly just a matter of flushing or rinsing out the shower.
- To be able to see the area down there better you can use a handheld mirror. Which can be held in the hand that is not operating the trimmer.
- If you want to stay all natural, that is simple. Select the length on your trimmer you want or apply the attachment for the length you want.
- Turn on the trimmer and go over the entire area with the trimmer, that will give it all the same length and look. If you want it different lengths in different areas, just change the length in the areas needed.
- Clean any built-up hair out of the trimmer as you go along. If you don’t you risk getting a nick, even with a trimmer.
How to Get a Smooth Shave in Bikini Area
Getting that nice finished smooth shaved look in your bikini area is easier than you may think. It is not something that should be rushed due to the area you are shaving. So, when you decide to shave down there make sure you can do so undisturbed.
- Shaving can be done in the shower if wanted.
- Make sure area is thoroughly cleaned, because a freshly shaven area can be susceptible to germs and infection.
- Once the area is cleaned make sure any trimming that is needed is done ahead of this step if possible. Trimming makes the razor work better but you can shave without.
- Decide on the type of shave you want, basically the design. Do you want it all gone? Do you want a landing strip, diamond, heart or etc. Decide before you start!
- There are some companies that do sell stencils for the bikini area making things a little easier as well.
- Once you know what you want, then apply shaving gel or cream. It makes things so much easier and it helps protect your skin.
- Find a position that works well for you, one that is also a safe position for you. Some sit on the edge of the tub and others stand while putting one leg up in the air.
- If you have a hand-held mirror it can come in handy for seeing areas, you can’t see. You can also buy a mirror that will suction cup to the wall as well for a hands-free view.
- Simply shave your design taking your time, make sure to rinse your razor frequently for best results while prevents nicks.
- Once you have gotten the required look you were looking for, rinse the area well.
- Once you have finished what you needed to in the shower. Dry the area well, which you can also dry with a blow dryer to make sure it is properly dry.
- Then apply a moisturizing aftershave lotion, if you have sensitive skin avoid anything with perfumes. The best bet in any case is a sensitive shave formula.
Hopefully I have helped you with find the best bikini trimmer or best razor for bikini area for your needs. As well as helping you with some great helpful hint, tips and steps. Almost everyone trims the downstairs today, it is hygienically a great habit to get into. With a regular schedule, it will only take a short period of your time as well. Go ahead and have fun with it. People have gotten pretty creative with that area and so can you if you want to.
Make sure you use products that are formulated for the area and your needs to avoid any irritation. There are many to choose from, when you are unsure it is always a best bet to play it safe and go for the sensitive formulas.